Monday, October 17, 2011

Attempted Framing



Saturday October 8, 2011


After lifting weights and doing some push-ups at home, I left to go jogging at approximately 2:30 AM. I did not find anybody watching me near my neighborhood, but that changed when I reached the corner of North Queen Street. This is the point when I saw two vehicles accelerate past me in opposite directions. I waited for them to clear and crossed the street. I continued running until I reached the corner of Charlotte Street. That is where I turned and continued jogging Southbound. This entire block was deserted with not a human-being (or subhuman) in sight. I was practically alone other than satellite surveillance keeping tabs on me. The whole area reminded me of Rising Sun, Maryland at this time of morning. As I continued through the dark street, I came across a lit area where I found a bag of marijuana laying in the middle of the sidewalk. I do not know much about marijuana quantity, but I am guessing this bag was about a quarter ounce. The first thought to occur was "with all these drug addicts running around, the police are focused on me?" I stared at the bag as I continued running. When I reached the corner of King Street, I saw two cars pass me with a Hispanic woman in the front passenger seat of one, staring at me. "Yeah!" I shouted. This interjection was followed by the sounds of men howling from all directions. I ignored the howling as I continued running. I then saw a police car flashing its lights from a distance. When I reached closer to the location, I saw in front of the police car, a civilian vehicle and another police car behind it. I saw a female officer bent inside the back of the second patrol car and a male officer next to the driver's side door of the first patrol car. I looked inside the civilian vehicle as I jogged and saw nobody inside. For a few seconds, I thought the police were actually arresting somebody rather than stalking me. I later suspected that they were watching me, while pretending to arrest somebody to throw off any witnesses. I ran onward up a hill to get to Lime Street. I saw two young Black men of approximately nineteen years of age, standing at a corner to watch me when I reached that area. One of them was wearing a red baseball cap. I turned on Lime Street and continued running Northward until I reached my residence.

I started reflecting on the things I saw and heard when I returned home and started suspecting that the police left the bag of marijuana on the sidewalk to frame me for possession of marijuana. I figured they might have expected me to either lift the cannabis from the ground to examine it or pocket the contraband. They would in turn pop-up to surprise and arrest me. I wondered to myself if they really thought I was that stupid especially while knowing that I'm under surveillance.

No comments:

Post a Comment